POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for administering safe and competent respiratory care as ordered per physician, with emphasis in specialty areas (i.e., Emergency, Pediatric, Geriatric, and Critical Care), monitoring mechanical ventilation, administering medications, patient assessment, understanding ramifications of hemodynamic monitoring, understanding blood work results, monitoring teaching, and training.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Competent delivery of all Respiratory Care procedures as outlined in the department policy and procedure manual.
• Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all Respiratory Care procedures per department policy and procedures.
• Verify Respiratory Care physician’s orders.
• Initial, date, and time order after verification.
• Receive and give accurate and complete report.
• Enter all daily services and charges given to patients.
• Demonstrate excellent working knowledge of Respiratory Care instruments and equipment.
• Perform troubleshooting with appropriate problem resolution.
• Perform effective airway management to include bag/mask ventilation.
• Assist physician/intubation certified therapist with intubation.
• Demonstrate safe and appropriate suction techniques and use of artificial airways.
• Initiate and perform "CPR".
• Primarily responsible for airway management.
• Initiate, maintain, monitor, and document continuous mechanical ventilation in emergency situations only.
• Provide timely and accurate update information to the physicians and other hospital personnel.
• Make recommendations for changes or modification of patient therapy by contacting physicians.
• Assist in orientation/training of new employees, respiratory/nursing students, and precept new employees during orientation.
• Work in all areas of the hospital, Long Term Care Center, Alzheimer’s Unit and Outpatient Clinic.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
• Effectively discuss advanced respiratory pathophysiology with physicians and can implement changes based on patient condition.
• Perform arterial blood gas sampling.
• Evaluate chest x-ray for endotracheal placement and other clinical conditions optimizing Respiratory Care delivery.
• Complete required continuous training and education.
• Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
• Attends meetings and in-service sessions, as directed.
• Requires regular attendance and punctuality.
• Required to be on-call for nights and weekends.
• Performs other assigned duties
This position does not oversee other positions.
Required Education and Experience
• Current Colorado Respiratory Therapist licensed in good standing.
• Certified by the National Board of Respiratory Therapy (NBRT).
Preferred Education and Experience
• Currently certified in basic life support; ACLS & PALS is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must be able to concentrate and make quick judgments with a high level of skill, knowledge, understanding and accuracy, and have the ability to work without close supervision.
Salary: $20.00 to $25.66 per year
Rheannon Hendricks - HR Generalist
373 E. 10th Ave
Springfield, CO 81073