Here is a more detailed update regarding the prevalence of COVID-19 in our HOME.
> Weekly COVID-19 notification for 6/08/2021
Weekly COVID-19 notification for 6/8/21
Since May 8, 2020 (when the federal government issued reporting requirements), we have had 89 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Southeast Colorado Hospital District (SECHD) Employees AND we have 1 cluster of three or more residents/staff with new onset of respiratory symptoms within 72 hours of each other.
Here is a more detailed update regarding the prevalence of COVID-19 in our HOME. As of 6/8/21
• Currently 0 residents and 0 LTCC/ALZ staff have confirmed/active COVID-19. If a resident test positive, we will notify the resident's representative(s) of their condition and implement protocols for their care and treatment. We also follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including return to work guidance, for staff who test positive.
• 8667 residents and SECHD staff have cumulatively tested negative for COVID-19.
• 89 SECHD staff members and 13 residents have recovered from COVID-19.
• It has been 28 days since a resident or LTCC/ALZ staff member has tested positive.
SOUTHEAST COLORADO LONG TERM CARE CENTER/ALZHEIMER'S UNIT is staying in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all the appropriate steps under current circumstances. We are also following guidance from the CDC and CMS to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
• Enhanced infection control precautions
• Screening residents, staff, and essential visitors for symptoms
• Restricting visitation and entry of people to the building
• Testing staff and residents for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
• Postponing communal events
• Limiting communal dining to those neighbors needing assistance or on altered diets
• encouraging residents to wear masks and social distancing when out of room.
• Asking residents to cover their mouth and nose when staff enter.
• All staff wear masks and eye protection whenever in the home.
• Residents are encouraged to wash hands or hand sanitize before and after every meal.
Due to government privacy requirements, we cannot divulge specific information about the individuals who have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, unless they are your family member and you have the necessary permissions to receive such information.
We know you are concerned about your loved one, but it is crucial that we restrict visitation to reduce the spread of this virus to others. We will contact you directly if your loved one is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We also understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important to our residents. Family members are encouraged to connect with their loved ones through video chat, calling, texting, on social media, skype, or outdoor visitation. You can schedule video chats and calling by calling the nurses station - LTCC- 719-523-2144 or the ALZ 719-523-2140. For video chats and calling you may also email email@example.com or call the Life Engagement Department at 719-523-2159. We have a nursing home Facebook page and you can find us under SECH LTCC - we do shout outs throughout the month. If you want to schedule outdoor visitation call 719-523-2141 (outdoor visitation has been cancelled until further notice, sorry for the inconvenience).
We know that you may have questions and we encourage you to contact our center. Please call for nursing question at Heather Burdick, DON @ 719-523-2144 or Glenice Wade ADON 719-523-2141, email for nursing questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For administrative questions please contact Dave Engel, CEO @ 719-523-2130 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .