LTCC Social Services
Medical Social Services:
Samantha Thomas has worked in the health care setting at Southeast Colorado Hospital District as a CNA for 10 years and she has worked as the Social Services Director for 5 years. Samantha graduated in 2011 from the University of Colorado with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology with an emphasis on aging Psychology. In 2016 Samantha completed the CHCA Long Term Care Social Services Certification Course and has mental health first aid training.
Stephanie Reyes has worked as a CNA in long term care settings for over 28 years and she also has prior experience as a dietary manager at other facilities. Stephanie has been a part of the Southeast Colorado Hospital District team for 5 years and has worked in the Social Services department for 3 years. Stephanie has completed mental health first aide training as well as the CHCA Social Services Certification Course.
Social Services Staff members help provide medically related Social Services to patients and residents through:
• Educating patients and families about illnesses and treatment plans
• Conducting psychosocial assessments to identify mental and emotional distress
• Counseling those in crisis or experiencing distress
• Connecting patients/residents and their families with necessary resources
• Assess social, family and/or financial circumstances
• Communicate patient's/resident's information to stakeholders on a patient's health team
• Connect patients/residents and families with outside medical and non-medical resources
• Coordinate patient/residents care in collaboration with health team stakeholders
• Helping residents with the transition to long term care center setting
• Assist in patient/resident discharge
• Provide emotional support in coping with new medical diagnosis for families and patients/residents
• Help with end-of-life care for both patients/residents and their family members
• Help monitor psychoactive medications through PASRR services.
• Ensuring that patient/residents are informed of their rights
• Assist patients/ residents in completing Advances Directives and Power of Attorney paperwork
• Act as a liaison between the patients/residents, family members and facility staff
For more information or questions contact: 719-523-2142
Social Services Director
Social Services Assistant