Social Services Director
Collaborates with health care team members to identify and provide for each patient/resident’s social, emotional and psychological needs, and the continuing development of the patient/resident’s full potential during his/her stay at the facility and to assist in the planning for his/her discharge at the Long-Term Care Center/Alzheimer’s Unit, Hospital and Home Health. Assists with emergency situations at the Hospital for family members.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Provides leadership, planning, and management of direct contact service to the department, ensuring quality of service.
• Collaborates with administrators, medical staff, and heads of other departments in planning social service participation in the organization's service and educational programs.
• Provide timely and accurate completion of Social Services portion of the MDS, Resident Assessment Protocols, Resident Care Plan, and Progress Notes as well as Social Services Assessment, and other forms as required by the Administrator in order to comply with federal and state regulations and facility policies and procedures.
• Assist residents/patients and families with social, emotional, and family issues.
• Participate in resident care planning by identifying the social and emotional needs of the residents in accordance with the medical assessment.
• Maintain progress notes for each resident/patient as required by company policy and state and federal regulations, indicating response to the treatment plan and adjustment to facility life.
• Progress notes shall be recorded on the appropriate form and placed on the resident’s/patient’s chart in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Progress notes must reflect progress made regarding problems identified in the Plan of Care.
• Make referrals to support agencies when the need for such services is determined by the interdisciplinary team, keeping records of such referrals.
• Participate in the development of discharge plans as appropriate and prepare the resident for transition.
• Serve as general information source for families, residents and the public.
• Visit residents/patients and perform needed services such as communicating with the family or friends, utilizing community resources, and informing the resident and/or legal representative of the Residents’ Rights.
Hourly Wage: $20.00 - $25.00 per/hour
Corey Castle - Human Resources Director
Phone: (719) 523-2160
Experience in social work in a health care setting working directly with individuals. C.N.A. certification is required with in one year of hire. Excellent assessment, listening, and counseling skills. Organized and detailed in work performance. Good